NO NO NO ! ! !
liebster award old bean.
not the lobster award!
i don’t know how anyone could eat one of those creatures
and the way they boil them alive.
well. you don’t want to know what i have to say about that.
it’s just as well that we’re talking
the liebster award here.
i looked it up.
isn’t that nice now?
and my friend julia
you know ~ our favorite little
‘island dream’in julia’
is the liebster receiver who in turn
awarded ~ or shall we say ~
passed it on
it strikes me a little like playing ‘the flying dutchman.’
TAG! YOU”RE IT!
that was a fun childhood game.
remember? everybody in a big big circle.
you dropped the handkerchief behind the person who was IT!
don’t quite know how i feel about all this! LOL.
not that i have any secrets.
but. it’s a lot of talking about oneself.
but you ask . . . what else do you do here old bean? every day!!! LOL
i get it. i get it.
so. here goes.
get ready for
i’m supposed to tell you 11 things about me that you didn’t already know.
wow. 11 ???? wow. well. let’s see
1. i hate capital letters. oh. you already know that?
2. i have beautiful feet. ha. betcha didn’t already know that. but i do. i could be a foot model. in all modesty of course.
3. i could break people’s kneecaps with a ball bat ~ the ones that abuse and torture animals. any animals. i really could.
4. i cannot eat liver. it makes me throw up immediately. it does. of course that hasn’t been tested since i was 10. but true.
5. oh dear god. 6 more of these???? i locked myself out of an hotel room once. i was wearing a long t shirt and nothing else. i will leave to your imagination how long the t shirt was. thankfully it wasn’t MY t-shirt. and since it was before cell phones … thank heaven i caught a maid on my way to the lobby. she took the sight of my bare bum with her to her grave. well. probably. where was bob you say? all i know is . . . men are never around when you need them.
6. i used to pray every single night of my entire 7th year on earth. the prayer was “let me see an angel. please sir. just one.”
7. i told my boss once that i needed the day off because a friend of mine was having a complete hysteroidectomy.
8. are we to 11 yet???? when i was in grade school. i made fun of a blind person once. i was talking about it at the table. my father went immediately and got one of his big white handkerchiefs. he tied it thickly and tightly around my eyes and head. he made me eat the rest of my meal that way. and he made me keep it on for 4 hours. by the end of the day i learned only 1/10,000 th of what it must be like to be blind. i don’t make fun of people anymore. any kind of people. anywhere. for whatever reason. ever.
9. once i took all my clothes off and laid out on the bed wearing nothing but a pendant. bob came in. i looked like a cadaver. i guess because he just looked at me and said . . . “are you okay honey? you’re not sick are you?” so much for seduction. i thought about wrapping myself in saran wrap . . . and i did. but boy. it gets way too hot. no wonder i probably looked feverish.
10. i once climbed all the way to the very tip top of a water tower here in norman ~ with my marine. he was coming up behind me. he taught me how to hold on. it was the hardest physical thing i’ve ever done. something about centrifugal force or something. but boy what a view. also. the marine thought i was a pretty cool sister to have.
11. i hate this kind of thing. sorry darling julia. but i do! LOLOL. and that’s something you didn’t know! but you gave me this award in total sweetness and kindness! and i adore YOU. so no worries mate. we’re still buddies. i feel a little more exposed now ~ that’s all. LOLOL! but as they say ~ exposure is good for the soul. don’t they say that? oh wait. it’s confession. confession is good for the soul. i knew it was one of those.
it seems i’m supposed to anwer 11 (there you go again with ELEVEN!!!) questions
presented by my nominator.
1. what is your favorite time of day and why?
early morning. all my life. early morning. because it’s a fresh clean slate. and i always need a fresh clean slate.
2. where is the most favorite place you’ve ever travelled to and why?
england. the silver sceptered isle. and london. the marine and i walked ALL over London for days.
why it’s my most favorite? because i love all things english. the people the country the language they speak! LOL.
i’m a self proclaimed anglophile.
3. if you could change 1 thing about yourself ~ what would it be and why?
wow. well. that’s common knowledge really. i would be a quiet more mysterious type person. not so gabby.
my name should have been gabrielle. then they could call me gabby. but then i’ve always been princess roxanne.
i don’t know why. i suppose it’s because i think people get tired of me talking so much.
4. what has been your all time most life altering event?
losing my husband bob to cancer when i was so young. and losing my parents so young too ~ come to think of it. lots of loss. way way too early in life.
5. what is your favorite snack food?
bbq fritos. cheetos. doritos. apparently you put tos on the end of something and i’ll eat it.
6. who is your favorite author?
oh now. that’s a hard one. i don’t have just one. man. oh man. i read all kinds of books.
for mystery … easy. m.c. beaton
for historical novels… jane austen
for humor … bill watterson who wrote calvin and hobbes
for inspiration… the dalai lama. dr wayne dyer. lao tzu.
for introspection… anais nin
for artistic insight… georgia o’keefe ~ not so much what she wrote ~ that was only in letters ~ but how she thought.
7. what do you enjoy most about blogging?
well. it’s like i give a little party every day or so. and the neatest people show up! and i don’t even have to serve refreshments! LOL.
8. if you could be anywhere in the world right now where would you be?
i’d drop in on vicki in australia and cathy in new zealand and rummy in india and tracy in norway and cc girl in canada.
and that’s only the foreign countries! well. not foreign to them. LOLOL.
then i’d drop in on all my friends in the good ole u.s. and probably wind up in the conch republic checking out the old pirate.
BZZZZZZZTTTT. buzzer sound. a big fat lie. i’m a homebody. i would love to see all that and everybody. but i have social anxiety. and i am a totally. make that TOTALLY content little monk right here at the wren house. whew. almost lied through my teeth there. but now you know the truth. and nothing but the truth. i’d be right here in my cozy little one room apartment. yup.
9. what is your fondest childhood memory?
i have many. i was blessed with a good childhood. one favorite is camping out in a TINY little 2 person airstream trailer in the mountains of colorado. our family of 4. back when i was 7 and the marine was 4. good times old bean. good times. listening to mother and daddy and neighboring campers having coffee outside it ~ sitting around a campfire. laughing quietly and talking. secure and warm inside that little camper just listening to them til i went to sleep.
10. what is your biggest goal or dream in life?
to tell you the truth. i’m not a goal type person. i never was. i’m a happy underachiever. some call it contentment. i call it that. if i had it all to do over perhaps i would have tried for the stage or movies in some way. i love acting. can’t you tell? i’m a ham. i am.
11. whew! i thought we’d never get here! but they saved the best for last i guess. what are you the most passionate about?
i am PASSIONATE about not hurting animals. i am passionate about changing the factory farm systems in the world. and the way the animals are treated so inhumanely. down right cruel actually. it is unforgivable. and un~ending i guess. as long as people are content to look the other way and pretend it doesn’t happen and keep buying it . . . oh well. you asked. i answered.
and TA DA !!!!
you know me. well. better i imagine.
heck. you may know me better than i know myself!
here’s the part where i’m supposed to award it
to some other innocent little blogger!
well . . .
please know that going into this . . .
julia nor i will be offended it you don’t wanna play.
but if you do . . .
here are a few of you that might find it fun
and hey. many of you are simply too busy to do this ~
so . . .
i’m going to list here some of my favorite blogs
that i haven’t already mentioned in past posts.
many of you i have mentioned. vicki’s and tracy’s and Elizabeth’s
and leslie’s … but julia already listed hers too ~
so . . . good grief. i keep saying so.
here’s some to check out when you can.
THEY ARE WONDERFUL! whether they choose to play or not!
mangia mangia … no talk (see below how to get to it)
and a truly exquisite little blog if you like fine writing . . .
darned if i can get it to link here with the address.
it keeps taking you to a WEDDING photographer!!! aaaggh.
just go to my ‘friends’ in the sidebar and click on
‘ writing with light ‘
it’s a simply beautiful site.
THANK YOU BECKY at abbey style home for alerting me
that a few didn’t work right when you link.
‘mangia mangia . . . no talk’ is another one. check it out.
just click on it in my friends ~ IT WORKS THERE !!!
an electic bunch for sure!
and i’m sure many of these already have many more followers than
the liebster award is about.
but then the liebster award is about sharing with each other.
just as julia shared with me.
and if you should check out these blogs i’d be thrilled.
and if you’re the OWNER of one of these and want to answer the 11’es like i did . . .
and play along . . . well . . .
just copy the questions from mine please!!!
thanks for playing! and thanks again julia! it really was KINDA fun! LOL.
i apologize in advance if you’re a subscriber and this comes to you more than once.
i had to fix some dead links in it. and for some reason it makes it show up again.
i’m so sorry.
nothing like courting you ~ then slapping you in the face over and over.
i guess you just unsubscribe. i don’t @$#%# know !!!! i hate it! sorry.