in all thy getting ~ get wisdom.
~ ~ ~ ~
i came across a little book the other day.
one of my all time favorite things to do is to browse in a book store.
i can’t imagine browsing in a ‘kindle’ or a ‘nook’ store where you would
go up and touch a button and a screen would appear and you could
see if you wanted to read the book that way.
no thank you.
i’ll be long gone by then. a good thing too. because i’m just not ready
to let go of the feel the smell the touch of a good book.
this little book came home with me that i browsed in the other day.
the name of it is
‘the complete live and learn and pass it on’.
it’s compiled by ‘h. jackson brown, jr.’
it’s simply what people of all ages have said they’ve learned.
nothing huge or earth shaking. some funny. some profound.
i’ll share some of them with you . . .
* i’ve learned that if you laugh and drink pop at the same time . . . it will come out your nose. ~ age 7
* i’ve learned that generous people seldom have emotional and mental problems. ~ age 51
* i’ve learned that even when i have pains . . . i don’t have to be a pain about it. ~ age 82
* i’ve learned that you can be in love with four girls at the same time. ~ age 9
* i’ve learned that motel mattresses are better on the side away from the phone. ~ age 50
* i’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents . . . you miss them terribly after they die. ~ age 53
* i’ve learned that it makes me sad when i’m the last one chosen for a team. ~ age 9
* i’ve learned i should never praise my mother’s cooking when i’m eating something fixed by my wife. ~ age 27
* i’ve learned that when my parents are in a bad mood, it’s best to agree to everything they say or things get nasty. ~ age 16
* i’ve learned that the worst pain is watching someone else in pain. ~ age 46
* i’ve learned that if your children feel safe, wanted and loved, you are a successful parent. ~ age 39
* i’ve learned that there are four ages of a man . . .
1. when he believes in santa claus.
2. when he doesn’t believe in santa claus.
3. when he is santa claus . . . and . . .
4. when he looks like santa claus. ~ age 51
that seems to be a good life lesson
to end on since santa just came and left!
these are fun. i could list them all day . . .
hope you enjoyed them . . .
and might even want to add one of your own!
til then old bean.
oh. and beloved old pirate . . .
that’s as in ~ wise.
not wise acre. LOL!